I’ve been wanting to share my daily make-up favorites for awhile now, and finally got around to doing it! While I don’t use every single one of these products every day, most of them are a daily part of my make-up routine. I wanted to do a quick little review on each item here, so you know how these products actually work!
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation: This product is amazing! I use a Beauty Blender to apply it, and it is extremely long-lasting and definitely a full coverage foundation. What is so great about this foundation is that it is thick, but not cakey, so you don’t need a ton in order to get the coverage you want. Also this makeup has SPF 15 in it! Yay for UV protection! The color I use is Light Sand.
- Laura Geller Beauty ‘Balance-N-Brighten’ Baked Color Correcting Foundation: I have been using Laura Geller for awhile now, and her makeup is awesome. It is a powder foundation that I put on over my Tarte to get a little extra coverage, and to set my makeup underneath. If I am just going to the beach or running quick errands, sometimes I just put this foundation on instead of both. It isn’t super thick and doesn’t have as much coverage but I still really like it. Wearing two foundations sounds like overkill, but it really doesn’t feel like a lot of makeup at all, and it looks really natural. The color I use is Fair.
- BH Cosmetics Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale 12 Color Eye & Cheek Collection: I got this for my birthday this past year, and it is hands-down one of my favorite beauty products ever made… And it is only $14.50!!! What?! This is like the go to palette that I use for everything. I use the shadows for my eyes, the brown color for my contour and the highlight for my highlight. I even sometimes use the blush if I want something subtle. This is a great “I don’t have time to put on makeup at home so I’m just gonna throw something in my purse” kind of palette, all you need is a couple brushes and you are good to go. It is so affordable and I think the quality is amazing! Thanks Ashley! The palette color I use is Beach Goddess.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: I only use eyeliner on special occasions, because it’s so annoying to get off and is too dramatic for me. But this one in Mad Max Brown is awesome, it’s not as in-your-face or harsh as black liquid eyeliner, and I like that about it. When I don’t use eyeliner, I usually just use a thin eyeliner brush (like this one) and get it wet and then use a brown eyeshadow along my lash line.
- Lancome Grandiose Wide-Angle Fan Effect Mascara: I have been using this mascara for a little over a year, and really only use it on special occasions. It really does make your eyelashes look like fans, they look amazing, and the swerved handle helps with smudging. It is just a little time consuming, and I usually use a dry mascara wand to help separate my lashes. I also don’t use this on my bottom lashes, it would be too much, I just use one of my every day mascaras for my bottom lashes. My every day mascaras are Tarteist and Diorshow.
- NYX Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo: This is something I use to help contour if I want to be a little more dramatic, the concealer on here is also awesome for brightening your under-eyes. Not to mention, at $11.99 it is a steal! I use the color combo: Almond/Light.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer: I swear by this eyebrow pencil. It is SO easy to use and makes my eyebrows look amazing, I use the color Caramel, which is a little lighter than my natural brow color, this makes it look really natural!
- Laura Geller Highlighter: Alright so here’s the deal, this link is going to take you to a brow sculpting palette, because it is the only way you can buy this highlighter. You can find it in other combinations too, but you cannot buy the highlighter in French Vanilla on it’s own. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea, but it is incredibly frustrating because it is arguably one of the BEST highlighters I’ve ever used. Sometimes I like to dust it on top of the Ashley Tisdale highlighter from her palette, and sometimes I use it on it’s own, however, the thing I use it the most for is my brow bone. This color is incredible and I just can’t get enough of it. I bought it in a combo pack that came with an eyeliner, blush, and lip gloss at Ulta awhile back because I wanted the blush… Let’s just say I gave that blush away and now live by this highlighter. It’s amazing, and who knows maybe that brow kit is amazing too, Laura Geller IS the bomb.com.
- NARS Blush: Alright so please excuse me for the color of this blush (Orgasm) but the color on your cheeks is so pretty and so delicate. It has pink and beige undertones on my skin tone and makes your cheeks look like they have a natural flush of color, I love this one so much.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: This stuff is something that every beauty blogger swears by. It sets your makeup and bakes your concealer and does everything you wish you could do to your makeup. There’s really not much to say about this besides, if you don’t have it, you need it. Also, I know the price tag is a bit of a leap, but it lasts FOREVER. Seriously, forever.
- Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon: Last but certainly not least, perhaps my favorite thing on this list, is this lip crayon. If you have seen any of my outfit posts, you see this little beauty linked on almost every single one. I use these lip crayons almost every day. They are extremely long-lasting, but aren’t a stain or a liquid matte lipstick. One thing I love about these is they don’t crease into the creases of your lips like other matte lipsticks do, and my favorite part about them is that if your lips are chapped, you can’t tell…. I know, I was shocked too. Seriously though, ever put on a matte lipstick and then looked in the mirror and you look like you haven’t used chapstick in 15 years? It doesn’t matter with these. I am obsessed with them. I hope they come out with more colors soon because a lot of them are similar, but I have 3 of them and I’m almost out of one of them and am planning another trip to Sephora to buy more! I haven’t tried their other lipsticks yet, only the Matte Creme Lip Crayons, but they have an amazing formula so I may try some more soon! My favorite colors are Amaretto (a nude), Glace (a purple-ish pink), and Leche (a pale pink).
I hope you guys enjoyed this little review! If you want to see more stuff like this let me know in the comments.